Masks Required for Our Stores
Associated Retail Operations (Macey’s, Dan’s, Dick’s, Lin’s, and Fresh Market locations) is committed to the safety of our guests and team. At the current time, we are keeping our current mask policy in place that requires all guests to wear a mask while shopping with us, with an exception to those who are unable to do so due to medical conditions. We are also requiring that our team members continue to wear masks. We hope this time will allow our team and the community the opportunity to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We want to thank our team and guests for your commitment and patience as we continue to offer our guests a safe place to shop.
Keeping You, Your Family and Our Team Members SafeUnder the guidance of local officials, we have implemented a variety of precautionary measures and will continue to do so as the situation unfolds. These include:
- Employees are required to social distance whenever possible.
- Employees are required to take temperature checks as they arrive at work.
- Employees and vendors are required to wear a mask or face covering while at work. Read our policy here
- Guests are required to wear a face covering, with exemptions for those who are medically unable to do so.
- A COVID-19 emergency leave policy was introduced to assist team members if they get sick or need to care for a family member who gets sick during the pandemic.
- Hand sanitizer is provided for team members for frequent use.
- Carts, pin pads, and grocery belts are sanitized after each use.
- All sanitizing procedures have been reinforced and cleaning has increased in frequency, including implementation of a rigorous hourly cleaning checklist for high-frequency touchpoints, like bathrooms and freezer door handles.
- In-store signage communicates COVID-19 symptoms and encourages best practices.
- Safety shields, a plexiglass barrier at check stands, help encourage better social distancing.
- Social distancing floor graphics mark where guests should stand for proper social distancing.
- As is standard practice in all food-handling departments, team members are required to wash their hands and wear protective gloves. Changing of gloves between every transaction is also a policy we have implemented in our fresh departments.
- Center for Disease Control’s materials are in all restrooms and breakrooms.
- We suspended all sampling and sampling events in stores until further notice.
- Common seating areas have been modified to encourage safe, social distancing.
- We temporarily suspended the use of reusable and refillable cups in our stores.
- We asked any partners or team members that have traveled internationally to not come back to work immediately following their return.
- We trained and implemented step-by-step protocols for dealing with a sick team member or shopper.
How You Can HelpAs you shop with us, we would ask that you:
- Consider wearing a mask and following all signage.
- Use cart wipes on regular and hand carts.
- If you are sick, we ask that you ask a friend or family member shop for you until you are well.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- If visiting our restrooms or when blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing you wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. If the restroom is unavailable, please use one of the hand-sanitizer stations that are available throughout the store.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Please maintain social distance of at least six feet. Avoid shaking hands or giving hugs.
- If you get sick while in the store, please leave or if emergency assistance is needed, please contact a team member immediately.
- If you are uncomfortable shopping in the store, we encourage you to use our online shopping service where we offer both curbside pickup and delivery. The Skip mobile app is another option available in all our stores and can help reduce interaction with our store front-line team members. The app allows you to scan your own groceries from your phone and bypass the normal checkout lines.